The Company has a number of subsidiaries and affiliates that operate individual Web Sites. This Policy applies to the Web Sites that link to it, including, but not limited to the following:
Your Consent and Acceptance of These Terms
By using the Web Sites, you signify your acceptance of this Policy, and consent to the collection and use of information by the Company in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use the Web Sites. The data collected on the Web Sites belong exclusively to the Company, and the Company is solely responsible for creating and maintaining this Policy. If you have any questions or comments, you can reach us at email@example.com, or at PO Box 1177, Fairfield, Iowa 52556 USA.
The Web Sites are controlled by the Company from offices within the United States. The Company makes no representation that content or materials in the Web Sites are appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. The information you submit to the Company through the Web Sites will be stored and processed in the United States. If you are not located in the United States, by submitting personal information to the Company, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country. If you choose to access the Web Sites from other jurisdictions, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with the applicable local laws. Any claims relating to the Web Sites or the content and materials shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa and the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
Information We Collect
“Personally Identifiable Information” means: (i) information that directly identifies you, such as your name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address; (ii) personally identifiable information when provided by you in online or registration forms; (iii) data generated by, collected by, or stored in your equipment or any other device interfacing with your equipment (machine data includes, but is not limited to, the location of your equipment, the number of operating hours for your equipment, data regarding equipment operation, revenue generated and equipment diagnostic data); and financial data, such as partial bank account numbers you give the Company when you use the Web Sites. We may collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit the Web Sites, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Web Sites. We will collect personally identifiable information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Web Site related activities.
“Non-personally identifiable information” means information that does not identify you but which can be used to track certain Internet conduct. For instance, your computer’s IP address, your web browser’s identity, the type of computer, technical information about your means of connection to our Web Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized, and what pages of the Web Sites you visit may all be used to collect information about how the Web Sites are used without identifying your name or other personally identifiable information.
It is possible to link non-personally identifiable information to individual names, but the Company does not do so except as may be necessary to investigate illegal conduct or any unreasonable conduct in connection with the use of the Web Sites, violations of the terms and conditions governing the Web Sites, to comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas), and to assist law enforcement agencies or as otherwise required by law. When a user performs a search within the Web Sites, the Company may record information identifying the user or linking the user to the search performed. The Company may also record limited information associated with search requests made by a user and use that information to, among other things, solve technical problems with the Web Sites and to calculate overall usage statistics.
How We Use Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
The Company may collect your personally identifiable information and use it for the following purposes:
- To send you information about the Company.
- For customer service or product news.
- To manage business needs and schedules.
- To run and operate the Web Sites and display content on the Web Sites correctly.
- To improve customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve user experience we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Web Sites.
- To send periodic emails to users to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
The Company may track non-personally identifiable information for internal purposes and to help the Company interact with visitors to the Web Sites. The Company may also share non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form with third parties to illustrate trends and patterns. If you place an order through the Web Sites, we may hire other companies to provide administrative, fulfillment, and/or other services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and/or delivery. We may provide the information you submit to those companies to provide the services we requested.
Sharing Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personally identifiable information to others. However, the Company may share aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information: i) within its divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates, at its discretion; ii) with any other party, including third parties, for any reason including but not limited to advertising and marketing purposes; and iii) with third parties that help the Company with the fulfillment of Web Site administration. In addition, the Company reserves the right to use both your personally identifiable information, your machine data and non-personally identifiable information in order to investigate illegal conduct or any unreasonable conduct in connection with the use of the Web Sites, to comply with legal process (e.g. subpoenas), and to assist law enforcement agencies, or as otherwise required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, and data stored on our Web Sites.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Do Not Track Requests
The Company does not respond to “Do Not Track Requests.”
Privacy Rights for California Residents
For California residents, you may have the right to request and receive certain information about the disclosure of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and our choices with respect to such disclosures. We do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties without first giving you the opportunity to opt-out from such sharing, so we believe we are exempt from having to meet this requirement. However, if you wish to learn more about our compliance with this requirement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area, the following applies:
The Company is the Data Controller of the information you provide, and the Data Protection Officer is Bob Walls. You can contact the Company for general data protection queries by email to email@example.com, or in writing the Data Protection Officer at PO Box 1177, Fairfield, Iowa 52556 USA.
You have the following rights under GDPR:
- The right to be informed. This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access. This is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The right to rectification. This is the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure. Under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called “the Right to be Forgotten.” This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing. This gives you the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by you, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to further processing of your data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based on solely on automated processing.
The Company may transfer personal data collected from you to a third party data processor located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The Company will comply with the Data Protection Act of 1998 in respect of any such transfers. By using and/or shopping on the Web Sites you consent to the transfer of your personal data to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area.
We use information about you to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of policies. Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we may use information about you in connection with legal claims compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote our products and services with your permission.
We collect and process information about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable laws. The legal basis depends on the products or services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide the products or services, including to operate the products or services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the products or services
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the products or services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
By using this site you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of the Web Sites, or your dealings with the Web Sites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.